[vtkusers] Postscript rendering

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Mon May 14 10:37:28 EDT 2001

hi,

    ES> Does anyone know of a good way to render a scene in postscript
    ES> format?  I have some OpenGL code that renders a scene in
    ES> feedback mode, and then the scene is parsed and postscript
    ES> triangles are produced.  I was thinking about subclassing the
    ES> vtkOpenGLRenderer class and adding the postscript capability
    ES> but I was wondering if there was a better way.  I need to be
    ES> able to preserve tcl and possibly python wrappers also.  As a
    ES> new user of vtk, I would appreciate any helpful pointers.

Will Schroeder <will.schroeder at kitware.com> posted the following long
back, it may be useful:

      From: Will Schroeder <will.schroeder at kitware.com>
      To: vtkusers at public.kitware.com
      Subject: [vtkusers] vtk vector Postscript output
      Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 11:36:21 -0500

      Hi Folks-

      FYI: For those of you interested in saving 3D geometry in
      (vector) postscript form, Jean-Francois Remacle at RPI has
      pointed me to the following web site: http://www.geuz.org/gl2ps/

      Will

It would be wonderful if this were used for VTK. :)

Hope this helps.
prabhu