[vtkusers] vtkPicker..

K.R.Subramanian krs at zappa.uncc.edu
Sun May 13 01:11:05 EDT 2001

The documentation for vtkPicker says that the the actor or prop closest
to the camera that was intersected is returned. But I only see methods
that return the list of Actors (and another method to return the list of
Prop3Ds - what is
the difference?), which are not in sorted order.

I am implementing picking and need to get the closest object hit.

I also agree with an earlier post on picking actors; it would be very
convenient
to have a way of attaching  user data with  an actor.  For instance, in
my
application, only some of the actors are pickable and I would like to
attach
some user data that would be useful in identifying the actor  that was
picked.

    -- krs

--
K.R.Subramanian                        Phone: (704) 687-4872
Department of Computer Science         FAX:   (704) 687-4893
UNC Charlotte, CARC 311                Email: krs at cs.uncc.edu
Charlotte, NC 28223-0001               Web: http://www.cs.uncc.edu/~krs