[vtkusers] vtkScalars doubt from C++ to Tcl

Mauricio Reyes maurey at ctcinternet.cl
Sat May 12 17:46:01 EDT 2001

Hi vtkUsers!!

    First of all I want to thank to all the people who help me when I
ask some questions (in the beginning some very stupids questions :) ).
Because of your help I could finish my thesis to get the title of
engineer...so, thanks a lot.

    Now I am trying to help  a friend who is working with Caos. I
remembered that there is an example of lorenz attractor...it is in C++
so, I started with the "translation" to Tcl. At this line I have a
problem with the "translation"..

vtkScalars *scalars = vtkScalars::New(VTK_SHORT);
  s = ((vtkShortArray *)scalars->GetData())->WritePointer(0,numPts);

I have:
vtkScalars scalars
set s [scalars SetNumberOfScalars $numPts]
Is that equivalent???  (when I run the script I just receive a blank
window)

also I have a little doubt about this:

 is s[i] = 0 is equivalent to set [lindex $s $i] 0  ??

Expecting someone could help me,
Regards,
Mauricio Reyes