[vtkusers] newbee with imaging

kitware-vtk at kulnet.kuleuven.ac.be kitware-vtk at kulnet.kuleuven.ac.be
Thu May 3 14:11:15 EDT 2001

---  Forwarded by news2mail for "Joris Vanden Wyngaerd" <Joris.VandenWyngaerd at esat.kuleuven.ac.be> ---

I have been using vtk for a while now, upto now for 3D visualization.

I am now trying to display a simple 2D image.
I did manage to show the image, but not as nice as I am used to with the 3D
stuff.

I got this far :

 vtkImageData *whatInWindow = id;
 vtkImageViewer * iv = vtkImageViewer::New();
 iv->SetColorLevel(128.0F);
 iv->SetColorWindow(iv->GetColorLevel()*2);
 iv->SetInput(whatInWindow);

 while (1)
 {
      iv->Render();
 }
 iv->Delete();

I put the while(1) in to be able to look at the image before it dissapears.
I know this can't be right and I've been looking for something like
vtkRenderWindowInteractor for vtkImageWindow.
I did not find anything.

Can anybody put me on the right track ?

Joris