[vtkusers] question about VTK/GTK widget with C/C++

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Thu Mar 29 09:15:02 EST 2001

hi,

    Hugo>   Hi!  I would like to write an application using VTK (the
    Hugo> visualization toolkit -- marching cubes, etc) and use the
    Hugo> GTK for windows.  so, I search a c++ programm to make a
    Hugo> widget to integrate VTK in GTK

Matt Howlett started some work in this direction and developed a
widget that embedded a vtkRenderWindow inside a GTK widget.  This was
a long while back and I really dont know the current status.  Matt had
a page on this at

  http://mania.physics.swin.edu.au/~mhowlett/vtkgtk.html

However, I cant seem to access it.

I think you can take a look at the code for the wxVTK code that David
D. Marshall and Brian Todd have developed and design your code in
similar fashion.  Look here:

	http://www.prism.gatech.edu/~gte552m/wxVTKWindow.html.

BTW, I wrote a small widget that enables one to use VTK from pyGTK.
If you want I can mail you that code so you can use that as a basis to
write your own code for C++.

prabhu

--
Live long and prosper.