[vtkusers] Mac OS X and VTK

Tom Bartol bartol at salk.edu
Mon Mar 26 12:06:41 EST 2001

Yes, I'm very interested.  We don't yet have a Mac running OS X in our lab
but will in a couple of weeks.  I plan to beat on it pretty hard as soon
as we get it to evaluate its stability and performance.  If I like it (and
I probably will) chances are excellent I'll be getting one for myself.
At that point I'll certainly want VTK to run on it.  If more is help
is required to get VTK running on OS X at that point you can count on me
to chip in.  So Please keep me posted.

Several questions arise:
What development/library environment is available on OS X?  gcc?  XFree86?

Thanks!

Tom