[vtkusers] vtkContourGrid ???

Chris Mumford cmumford at teclabs.net
Thu Mar 22 12:14:09 EST 2001

I have searched the web, and the email archive for hints on how to use
vtkContourGrid, but can't seem to figure it out.

My problem is this: I want to draw a contour plot of antenna signal
strengths. I have a bunch of X & Y positions, and signal strengths. I want
to draw a 2D contour plot of them in a 2D window. Something like this:
http://www.cmumford.com/contour.gif

Since my input is not in a regular grid, I know that I first have to fit
some kind of curve to it to get a regular grid first, and then I can draw
the contour plot. I believe that vtkContourGrid is what I need, but can't
figure out how to make use of it.

I also want a normal 2D plot, not a 2D overlay in an OpenGL window, but a
real 2D plot if possible.

I've already ordered both books, but I don't want to wait until next week to
get this problem solved - I'm impatient :-)

Are there any kind soles out there willing to help me with this problem?

-Chris