[vtkusers] Wrong Coordinates from vtkPolyData::GetPoint?

John Biddiscombe jbiddiscombe at skippingmouse.co.uk
Wed Mar 21 13:50:56 EST 2001

>- Data is accessed using
>   vtkVRMLImporter->GetRenderer()->GetActorCollection()->
>   GetNextItem()->GetMapper()->GetInput()

I've not tried this, but it's highly likely that the vrml importer is
creating objects centred at the origin, and then using the transformation
properties of the actor (see user matrix and matrix), check GetPosition etc
etc. By saying

Actor->SetPosition(Somewhere unexpected).

You'd get polydata centred on zero, but appearing elsewhere.

ttfn

JB