[vtkusers] Clipping objects

Carlos Martinez Burgos cmarbur at iti.upv.es
Wed Mar 7 12:40:52 EST 2001

Hello.

I am developing a project with VTK, using Java. I have to display some
objects which can be added dinamically to the scene. Clipping planes can
be added to the scene dinamically too. How can I update the scene so it
will be updated each time that I add an object or a clipping plane? What
is the pipeline to be used?

Furthermore it is important for the user to pick the objects to select and
get some data about them. How can I use the picking classes to get this
information from the actor picked.

I'll be very thankful if someone reply me some ideas in Java.

Thanks in advance.

Carlos Martínez Burgos      |     Instituto Tecnológico de Informática
Ingeniero Informático       |      Universidad Politécnica de Valencia
Tlf: +34 963877237          |                        Camí de Vera, S/N
cmarbur at iti.upv.es          |                   46071 Valencia - Spain
www.iti.upv.es/~cmarbur     |                           www.iti.upv.es