[vtkusers] vtk, python20, TkRenderWidget, Win2000

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Wed Mar 7 11:30:25 EST 2001

hi,

    Sebastien> You might not need to use install.py. If you are able
    Sebastien> to run VTK from Tcl, then you will be able to run the
    Sebastien> Tk widget from Python provided that : -
    Sebastien> TkRenderWidget.dll is in the same directory DIR as the
    Sebastien> usual VTK dll (which is the case by default for
    Sebastien> incremental build) - your PYTHONPATH has a path to DIR

    Sebastien> Am I right ? Well it works for me, and I do not want
    Sebastien> any install.py to move the dll to the system dir :)

well, that is what the install.py in the CVS tree does.  I dont use
Windows enough to know what the right thing to do is?  AFAIK, when I
installed vtk-python uner windows I had trouble using the
vtkTkRenderWidget and runnign install.py (which in turn copies
TkRenderWidget.dll to a system dir) solved it.  Any better options
would be appreciated.

prabhu