[vtkusers] VTK-based Collaborative Application

Jianhua Ma jma at ceg.uiuc.edu
Tue Mar 6 11:00:31 EST 2001

Dear VTK users,

Hello!
A prototype collaborative visualization applications
has been developed by the Computational Electronics
group of BI, using the NCSA Habanero platform. Habanero
environment is entirely written in JAVA and it provides
direct communication between a host computer and any
number of client computers. Two examples will be shown
to illustrate different 3D visualization capabilities:
1) Bandstructure of silicon,
2) Transport in a porin ion channel.

Prototype has an available collaborative interactive GUI
that one uses mouse operations for manipulating visual
objetcs meanwhile other clients in the session can see it
or operate it, e.g. WYSIWIS (What You See Is What I See).
Typical collaborative operations include:
	Rotate, zoom, translate and moving slices...
There are some other collaborative operations that can be
achieved through key presses.

If you ARE interested, please let me know I'd like to send
a simply Poster (Attach file doc, more 100k). Thanks,
I'll be happy to answer any questions.

Best regards,
-Jianhua
* Jianhua Ma                                   *
* The Computational Electronics group          *
* The Beckman Institute                        *
* University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign   *
* 405 N. Mathews Avenue,Urbana, IL 61801       *
* Phone: (217)244-4076(Office)                 *
* E-Mail: jma at ceg.uiuc.edu                     *