[vtkusers] vtkMesaRenderWindow - runtime error

zeb zebern at netcom.no
Tue Mar 6 09:36:22 EST 2001

I was very lucky having overcome compilation&configuration&setup problems after a couple of days
of hard work (I'm a vtk rookie, for sure), but then RUNTIME error when I was ready for some
vtkTcl demo examples. Big disappointment! The error messages read like this:

gandalf > ../../tcl/vtk fohe.tcl
Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0"
Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0"
ERROR: In vtkMesaRenderWindow.cxx, line 162
vtkMesaRenderWindow (0x80a20b8): Could not find a decent visual

Segmentation fault
gandalf >

I'm using debian linux, XFree4.0.2, VTK nightly release from 1st of March.
VTK configured/compiled with "--with-mesa --with-tcl --with-shared".

Any help appreciated, I eager to get vtk going.

rgds Erik
zebern at netcom.no