[vtkusers] vtkPanel

Norris Preyer preyern at cofc.edu
Wed Jun 27 16:40:58 EDT 2001

    Matthew> I have been having trouble getting any programs which use
    Matthew> vtkPanel to run correctly. I did some investigation and
    Matthew> have some idea what is going on, but no idea how to fix
    Matthew> it.

Are you running one of the examples?  Show us the code!

    Matthew> The vtkPanel object is being created and added to its
    Matthew> frame correctly.  Keyboard commands and mouse interaction
    Matthew> are recognized as well, and call the Render method like
    Matthew> they're supposed to.

    Matthew> However, all that shows up on-screen where the vtkPanel
    Matthew> should be is default the grey component color. Menus and
    Matthew> other components show up without problem.

If you're running some of the demos, then I think I have seen this.
If not, ignore the rest...
Try typing 'r' in the window to reset the camera so it sees
everything.  Apparently the initial camera position is very close to
something that blocks the view.

Other commands for the interactor are on page 50 of the User's Guide.