[vtkusers] Mouse interaction with vtkActor2D and Renderer/RenderWindow

David Gobbi dgobbi at irus.rri.ca
Tue Jun 26 13:07:04 EDT 2001

One minor caveat is that most OpenGL implementations only support
textures up to 2048x2048.  Other than that, texture-based image
viewing works very well and we've used it a lot.  If you use the
vtkImageActor it should be very straightforward to implement:
just pass the image through vtkImageMapToColors, then pass into
vtkImageActor.  You can add vtkImageReslice before vtkImageMapToColors
to get oblique slices.

 - David