[vtkusers] Mouse interaction with vtkActor2D and Renderer/RenderWindow

Charl P. Botha c.p.botha at its.tudelft.nl
Tue Jun 26 12:15:41 EDT 2001

On Tue, Jun 26, 2001 at 11:31:35AM -0400, TJ Wilkinson wrote:
> please let me know, for I'd be happy to hear it.  But what I know now is
> that interaction works fine for a vtkActor in a vtkRenderer, but there is
> no interaction for a vtkActor2D in a vtkRenderer when I switch them in the

Whoops, I misunderstood your question.  In general, you're responsible for
implementing this bite AFAIK, the configuration you're describing doesn't
support as much out of the box manipulation as with normal vtkActors.

One possible solution for doing what you want to do is to use a vtkActor
with a plane source and a texture (which is your image).  Set up an
orthogonal projection matrix with view direction normal to your plane.  If
you disable any camera rotation, you have a texturing-based image viewer
which means that if you have any texturing hardware, zooming (with
interpolation) and moving will be hardware assisted.

--
charl p. botha      | computer graphics and cad/cam
http://cpbotha.net/ | http://www.cg.its.tudelft.nl/