[vtkusers] Performing interpolation of vector field on surface

Ermin Hasicevic ermin at iskon.hr
Tue Jun 26 08:33:43 EDT 2001

Hi!

As newbie in VTK I have, at least I believe, a simple problem,
but it could take me a lot of time and that is what I cannot
afford since I am working on a time critical project.

My problem is following. I have computed components of
3D vector field(u, v, w). I want to perform following
tasks:

1. To put calculate interpolated values of vector components
on sphere represented whith triangular mesh.
2. Extract interpolated components and points(x, y, z) of
triangular mesh in vectors.
3. Perform matrix operations on that vectors that
represent points & construct another triangular mesh
that represents transformation of intial surface.

I would appreciate very much if someone could tell me
what VTK classes I should use, or would like to share
code which consider the issue of mine.

Thanks in advance!

Ermin