[vtkusers] Spatial average image filter?

John Biddiscombe jbiddiscombe at skippingmouse.co.uk
Fri Jun 22 03:55:14 EDT 2001

>I have a need for a filter that takes the average of the pixel values
>surrounding a single pixel in a rectangular volume and replaces the

Doesn't ImageShrink (with averaging turned on) do pretty much this? You can
set the averaging to
{x,y,z} and thus define the box dimensions. As long as you are aware that
the pixels will be averaged from 0...n-1, n...2n-1 and not from the middle
of a region (cf accumulate/histogram thread of a few days back).

ttfn

JB