[vtkusers] Blended image display

Matthieu Ferrant ferrant at tele.ucl.ac.be
Thu Jun 21 12:11:12 EDT 2001

In 3D, everything is fine with a pipeline like the one you propose.

However, in 2D, using a similar pipeline, you have to either use a
vtkPolyDataMapper2D for the planeSource, but then the vtkActor2D and the
vtkImageActor don't take textures, or the vtkImageMapper which
apparently doesn't allow you to display more than one image (as I
mentioned in the previous e-mail), unless you first blend them into a
single one with vtkImageBlend. One of the issues with vtkImageBlend is
that I couldn't blend a gray-scale image with a color one.

any suggestions ?

matt