[vtkusers] New Web Pages

Joey Mukherjee joey at phobos.space.swri.edu
Thu Jun 14 16:02:24 EDT 2001

>I hope you can see my frustration. As you say, more effort needs to be made
>to keep the FAQ up-to-date. If this is Kitware's preferred solution, can I
>suggest that it is mailed out to the list occasionally - as in many
>newsgroups - so that we can be more aware of it, and more likely to offer
>contributions ?

The problem with a FAQ is no one maintains it.  This isn't just a VTK problem
but one endemic of all projects it seems (look at Cygwin!).

Anyway, you asked for other opinions and I personally liked your suggestion of
an announce list or even announcements in this list.  I pulled the VTK from the
CVS and now found out that vtkRectilinearGrid changed when I tried compiling my
code.  I don't know how I would have known this without an announcement...

Anyway, a moderated vtk-announce might be a nice addition, plus I like to see
these things in my email for the same reason KRS mentioned; I'm always in email
and never at the FAQ.

Speaking of Cygwin, I suppose more people have noticed VTK doesn't build anymore
in it.  I finally got it to compile everything, but my software still doesn't
work... :-(

Joey

+     Joey Mukherjee                                                       +
+      joey at swri.org                 "The price of freedom is eternal      +
+                                     vigilance, or $12.50 as seen on      +
+  http://www.space.swri.edu/~joey    EBay...                              +