[vtkusers] New Web Pages

Simon J. Rees sjrees at okstate.edu
Thu Jun 14 13:32:18 EDT 2001

I think the new web pages are very good. However, this has brought to mind
something I have thought of in the past that might be a good addition to the
web pages - could we have an 'Announcements' page.

The sought of things that might be reported on such a page could be:
1.) New official releases
2.) New classes added
3.) New methods or significant changes to methods
4.) New vtk related resources
5.) ?

I know many vtk users rely heavily on this list but it is easy for important
things (e.g. new official releases) to slip by unnoticed. Also, although
having the change logs on the web is very useful it is also easy for
significant changes to slip by unnoticed along with all the minor stuff.

I think having the Doxygen generated documents on-line is great. However, I
am not using vtk every day. I occasionally find myself browsing through the
list of classes and am pleasantly surprised to find a new class that could
be really helpful to what I am doing. It would have been more helpful
however to have the new classes 'announced' in some way. I know this would
be more work for Kitware folk - but I think it would be very helpful.

My 2p - Simon