[vtkusers] How to select a region from polydata ?

Matthieu FAESSEL faessel at lrbb3.pierroton.inra.fr
Wed Jun 6 06:00:25 EDT 2001

Dear Anyone,

I have rebuilt 3D objects from segmented images, and I'd like to mesh them.
The problem is that the PolyData represents a lot of regions (objects), and I dont know how to isolate them.
I tried with vtkPolyDataConnectivityFilter (SetExtractionModeToAllRegions), which gives me the good number of regions (with GetNumberOfExtractedRegions() ), but I don't know how to select one.
In other words, is there an easy way to transform a single vtkPolyData to something like a vtkPolyDataCollection ?

Thanks in advance.