[vtkusers] How to force update

Gavin Tabor G.R.Tabor at exeter.ac.uk
Fri Jul 27 10:27:15 EDT 2001

Dear All,

I'm using vtkQgl to interface Qt and Vtk for a postprocessing tool.
I'm creating an isosurface in response to a Qt event, so I create
an actor for the mapper, add it to the vtkRenderer, and then call
Render() on the renderer. However when I do this, nothing happens
until I interact with the Vtk window. IE I click on the Qt button
(a checkbox) and nothing happens : then when I rotate the Vtk object
using the mouse, the isosurface appears.

How do I force Vtk to update? I want the constructed isosurface to
appear in response to the Qt event. What am I doing wrong?

Gavin

--

Dr. Gavin Tabor
School of Engineering and Computer Science