[vtkusers] VTK MPI with SSH Display problem

Tony Lavoie lavoie at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Jul 18 12:15:18 EDT 2001

I'm not very knowledgable on the whole ssh/ X-pipes/ display thing, but
I've worked with the vtk parallel libs quite a bit. Here are my ideas:

do an 'xhost +<machine expected to be proc zero>' on the display term; the
display process (zero) may not run on that machine, even though you don't
have a '-nolocal' option to lamexec. (actually I use mpirun, so I'm not
sure what your options are).

After ssh_agent, do you run ssh_add? (I have this in my notes).

Then, either a line in the program of 'putenv("DISPLAY=<hostname>");' or
this option as an arg after the job name:
'-MPDENV- DISPLAY=<hostname>:0.0' (which should get handled by the
MPI_Init)

This at least has worked for me; ymmv.
-Tony