[vtkusers] linking problem.. still..

qakz qakz at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 17 04:48:06 EDT 2001

is it necessary the i run pcmaker? or can i skip that
if i download the dll & lib files?
anyway, i've run pcmaker when i was tryin v2.0 (now
i'm using v3.2) so i've jus copied the vtkbin to the
new directories.. cos i cant seem to remember how i
did it last time & keep failing at locating my vtk..
=(
but i still cant seem to figure how to run nmake.. so
i've not done that..

i've tried including all the links at my vc++ but
still get the error:
Linking...
nafxcwd.lib(thrdcore.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved
external symbol __endthreadex
nafxcwd.lib(thrdcore.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved
external symbol __beginthreadex
libcd.lib(crt0.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved
external symbol _main
Debug/vtk2.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 3 unresolved
externals
Error executing link.exe.

is it bcos i've not run nmake?
pls help!
frustruated.. tina

--- Kola Babalola <kola.babalola at stud.man.ac.uk>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am new to vtk myself. I can't remember how I got
> the address of the
> following website, but it gives details for setting
> up vtk in visual c++.
>
> http://www.marketsys.com/amres/html/vtk_setup.htm
>
> Basically for visual c++ do the following.
> 1)place vtkdll.lib in a directory like
> c:\vtkbin\vtkdll\
> 2)Copy vtkdll.dll into the system area. for nt it is
> something like
> c:\winnt\system32
> 3)Open a new project in visual c++ (try a win32
> console application for
> simplicity)
> 4)Go to the Project Settings (project -> settings)
> and do the following
> 		(i) On the link tab add the following files in the
> 'Object/Library
> modules'
> 			Opengl32.lib
> 			glaux.lib
> 			full path and directory of vtkdll.lib (something
> like
> c:\vtkbin\vtkdll\vtkdll.lib)
> 		(ii) On the C/C++ tab
> 			Select Preprocessor as the category.
> 			In 'Additional Include Directories' enter the
> directories containing the
> vtk header files. Should be something like

(c:\vtk,c:\vtk\common,c:\vtk\graphics,c:\vtk\imaging).