[vtkusers] compiling error:ambiguous symbol

bjqin at 263.net bjqin at 263.net
Tue Jul 17 00:37:24 EDT 2001

Hello vtkusers:
        I am using vtk in my Vc++ 6.0 application, because some library files in  my application using "#include <iostream.h>","#include <fstream>",et cetera  which conflict with vtk other include commands(for using iostream functions also),  so in compiling my application, there are many compiling errors such as :
                c:\program files\microsoft visual studio\vc98\include\ostream.h(143) : error C2872: 'ostream' : ambiguous symbol
                c:\program files\microsoft visual studio\vc98\include\ostream.h(113) : error C2872: 'ios' : ambiguous symbol
                c:\program files\microsoft visual studio\vc98\include\ostream.h(87) : error C2872: 'streambuf' : ambiguous symbol
                c:\program files\microsoft visual studio\vc98\include\ostream.h(94) : error C2872: 'streampos' : ambiguous symbol
                c:\program files\microsoft visual studio\vc98\include\ostream.h(95) : error C2872: 'streamoff' : ambiguous symbol
    How can solve this problem? Any suggestion will be most appreciated! Thank you in advance!
                                                                                                                                                   bjqin at SJTU in China
IP¿¨¡¢ÉÏÍø¿¨È«ÏßÌøË®¼Û  http://shopping.263.net/category08.htm
¹Å°£¼°¶©ÇéÊÎÎﶩ×ö      http://shopping.263.net/category11.htm