[vtkusers] 3-D coordinates from vtkRenderWindow

Jeff Stoll jstoll at bu.edu
Tue Jul 10 16:11:42 EDT 2001

To all vtk users:

   So I have been doing a web search and have  come across some ideas
but I can't seem to get anything to work.  Here is the problem, which
seems to be a fairly popular problem.  I am trying to use the mouse to
both manipulate the render window (zoom, pan, rotate) and also use it to
click on actors in the render window and get their x,y, and z
coordinates.  Unfortuneately I don't know how to get the mouse to become
a 2 fold interactor, and I don't know how to get the x,y and z
coordinates.  I know this must be an easy question to many of you out
there, please help an inexperiance VTK user if you can.  Please email

Shaun Selha
Dept. Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering
Boston University