[vtkusers] GetCellNeighbors() in vtkPolyData

Remo Ziegler ziegler at merl.com
Mon Jul 9 10:40:30 EDT 2001

Hi,

I try to get neighbors out of a vtkPolyData object. Before I try to
apply the two different methods "GetCellNeighbors()" or
"GetCellEdgeNeighbors()" I updated the structure with the "BuildLinks()"
and called the "Update()" method. However the GetCellNeighbors-method
returns triangles, which are not neighbors and GetCellEdgeNeighbors
returns the correct triangles, but sometimes only two, even if there
would be a thirs neighbor.

Is there anybody, who encountered the same problem? Thanks for your
help!
Maybe I use just the wrong methods, to get a neighbor of a cell?

Greets .... Remo