[vtkusers] vtk_unsigned_char?

David Gobbi dgobbi at irus.rri.ca
Fri Jul 6 10:32:11 EDT 2001

Which reminds me, I haven't harped on this in a while (at least a
couple weeks!) so here goes:  Any filters that do float->int
conversion should have support for different rounding modes
(RoundToZero, RoundToNegInfinity(floor), RoundToNearest).  This
includes vtkImageCast, vtkImageShiftScale, vtkImageAccumulate,
and probably others as well.  Right now they always use
'round-to-zero,' which is almost never the rounding mode that
people want for image processing.

 - David

  David Gobbi, MSc                       dgobbi at irus.rri.ca
  Advanced Imaging Research Group