[vtkusers] Problem with VTK using Java

Ken Martin ken.martin at kitware.com
Sun Jan 28 09:29:07 EST 2001

The Java (and Tcl and Python) bindings produce type conversion functions
for all the classes that are wrapped. So if you pass a vtkPolyData into a
method that takes its superclass vtkPointSet it should still work. The
error you are reporting would indicate that the class you are trying to
pass as an argument into a method, is not a subclass of the method's
argument type. For example, passing vtkStructuredPoints into a method that
takes vtkPointSet. If you believe that your class is correctly subclassed
then look at the generated vtkYourClassJava.cxx file (under
vtkbin/.../vtkjava/src) and make sure it looks reasonable.

- Ken