[vtkusers] building problems

Mumit Khan khan at NanoTech.Wisc.EDU
Thu Jan 25 12:31:00 EST 2001

On Thu, 25 Jan 2001, Patrick Neumann wrote:

> Hi,
> I have some problems compiling vtk on Irix6.2 using gcc.
> After configure running make results in the following errors:
>
> (~/vtk31): make
>         gcc -o targets ./targets.cxx ./makedepend.cxx
> ld: ERROR 33: Unresolved text symbol "__8ifstreamiPCcii" -- 1st
[ ... ]

Wrong setting of CXX in system.make. It should be c++ or g++, not
gcc, which will not link in the C++ runtime library by default.

When you report these problems, it's very important that you include
the information on what parameters you supplied to configure (including
environment variables such as CC, CXX, if any).

Regards,
Mumit