[vtkusers] Re: VTK and CYGWIN

William A. Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Mon Jan 8 09:17:51 EST 2001

I gave this a try about 3 months ago.   For cygwin, you
don't use pcmaker, but rather the unix autoconf stuff.
There are only a few small changes that need to be made to the
make rules to get it to work.  However, at the time I tried
it I found that cygwin was too broken to use.   It built all
of the .o files, but the linker seg-faulted when trying to link
the graphics dll, or link against the static libraries.  It
would seem that vtk was too big for cygwin at that point.

-Bill