[vtkusers] C++ and TkRenderWidget interaction

harsh at lanl.gov harsh at lanl.gov
Fri Jan 5 16:22:29 EST 2001

I have a application (in C++) to which I am tring to add a GUI ( using Tk).
I searched the e-mail archive and found some basic code submitted by Odalele ?
( sorry I don't remenber the last name, and the e-mail archive is not
responding right now.) which I'm tring to use. It works fine until I modify the
input data and try to display the new data. The previous display is not cleared
when the render runs again. I've tried to ensure that Erase is On for the
RenderWindow and using Print and Debug it looks as if the Erase is On. I've
even tried destoring the pipeline and building it with the new data and the new
display is just placed on top of the existing display.

Any ideas would be appreciated. I can send the code I have if that would help.

I'm running Linux Debian 2.2.15 ( aka Potato) and VTK3.2beta with Tcl/Tk
8.3.0.

Jim Harsh  E-Mail: harsh at lanl.gov
Los Alamos National Laboratory, MS P940
Los Alamos, NM 87545