[vtkusers] VTK + Tcl 8.3.0 + Itcl 3.1.0 (NT)

David J. Netherway djn at elan.mad.adelaide.edu.au
Mon Feb 26 02:59:41 EST 2001

Hello Hugo,

I have  installed Cygwin on winNT and used it to compile tcl8.3.2 and tk8.3.2 successfully.
After recompiling VTK to use the new libraries VTK is also working.

But I have not been able to install itcl3.2. There is no win directory in the itcl3.2
directory.
I am assuming under your point 3 that you meant <path to itcl/win/configure> and not
<path to tcl/win/configure>.

Running <path to itcl/configure> creates makefile etc.

After "make" itcl and itk libs and dlls are created but no executables for
itkwish or itclsh.

There is also a problem with "make install" tranferring the
dlls and libs to the install directory as well, but this can be done manually.

I have used the default directories right though for tcl, tk and itcl so that
libs go into /usr/local/lib and binaries into /usr/local/bin. This works for
tcl and tk as I said earlier.

Any ideas as to the problem?

Thanks, David