[vtkusers] vtkUnstructuredGrid and cell edges

Stéphane Genaud genaud at icps.u-strasbg.fr
Thu Feb 15 09:29:09 EST 2001

Hi,

i would like to visualize a mesh made of hexadrons.
My meshing program dumps points coordinates and cells in
a DATASET UNSTRUCTURED_GRID.

To save space, most cells vertices refer to some common
points (defining the coordinates), i.e., the two first faces
of one cell can be :

CELLS 6 54
8 217 216 252 253 219 218 254 255
8 216 220 256 252 218 221 257 254

Unfortunately, the edges (shared between adjacent cells) are not
displayed when i ask for a wireframe rendering
(actor.GetProperty().SetRepresentationToWireframe()),
though I can see the cell faces with SetRepresentationToFaces()
with an alpha blending.

I have tried to insert a filter=vtkGeometryFilter in my pipeline,
with filter.SetMerging(0), but it makes no difference.

I am wondering
a) why hidding the common edges seem to be the default
for wireframe rendering, and how i can change that,
and b) am i using the right structures
to vizualize my problem ?

Thanks.

--