[vtkusers] Volume rendering

xiong fei xfpku at yahoo.com.sg
Tue Feb 13 11:35:35 EST 2001

Hi, dear vtkusers

   I am now working on a project which requires me to
visualize a large amount of financial data by Volume
rendering. I have built a VTKDataSet to hold it, and
want to transfer it to be vtkStructuredPoints, but the
problem is - How can i transfer the raw data( 3
columns with float type, like Stock index, Date, Stock
return) to structured points in space? I am not sure
about what kind of mapping or translation should be
applied in the volume rendering of financial data, can
anyone give me an advice? Thanks a lot.

Regards