[vtkusers] Choice of PC's

Lisa S. Avila lisa.avila at kitware.com
Wed Feb 7 13:09:19 EST 2001

Hello TQ,

For the filters / mappers that support threading (almost all imaging
filters, some graphics filters, volume ray casting) the support is
automatic. Sometimes you will see a NumberOfThreads ivar in some classes -
this will automatically be set to the number of detected processors.

If you want to run two parts of your pipeline in parallel, or something of
that sort, you would have to make use of the multiprocessing features in
VTK (like the vtkMultiThreader class and the MPI support). For that, Berk's
documentation would be quite helpful.

Lisa