[vtkusers] Can VTK use other GUI tools?

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Tue Feb 6 02:36:47 EST 2001

hi,

>>>>> "crazyyao" == crazyyao  <crazyyao at mail.rdcps.ac.cn> writes:

    crazyyao> I have been developing a project based on OpenGL.  And I
    crazyyao> want to use VTK instead of my own OpenGL codes.  Because
    crazyyao> my project doesn't use Tcl/Tk, Java or something else
    crazyyao> VTK mentioned, I wonder if VTK can use other GUI
    crazyyao> developing tools, such as GTK , Kdevelop or FLTK.

Sure, you can use Motif, Qt, wxWindows and FLTK for the GUI.  Someone
planned on FOX support too.  There was some work on a GTK port by Matt
Howlett but I have no idea on the current status.

First, look here

http://vtk.barre.nom.fr/links.html

Also look here:

http://zeus.ncsa.uiuc.edu/~jshalf/VTK/vtkFlRenderWindow/