[vtkusers] yet more vtk + gui questions

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Fri Feb 2 12:18:28 EST 2001

hi,

>>>>> "SNJM" == SNJM  <Harris> writes:

    SNJM> Using VTK, wxPython, and picking is quite easy. I just
    SNJM> render in the wxVTK widget, and when the appropriate key is
    SNJM> pressed I catch the event in wxPython and call the picker
    SNJM> with the mouse coordinates. It's quite simple (it has to
    SNJM> be-I'm a VTK and wxPython novice).

    SNJM> You can extend/change the behavior of the wxVTK widget
    SNJM> easily to suit your needs.

    SNJM> I really like wxPython and it's far superior to Tk.

The one big problem I have with wx + VTK + Python widget is that there
is too much flicker under Linux.  I dont know if this has been fixed
in any recent release but a search on google and the archives of wx
didnt seem to shed any light.  This problem had been mentioned earlier
on this list too.  Would be happy to know the current status on this.

thanks,
prabhu