[vtkusers] source object with multiple outputs

Marc Niethammer marcn at ece.gatech.edu
Thu Dec 20 17:11:02 EST 2001

Hi,

I would like to create a reader class that generates multiple datasets as
outputs (multiple vtkStructured/Unstructured Grids). Each of these
datasets should then be assigned to individual mappers, so that each
dataset is ultimately represented by one actor.

Is it still possible to assign datasets to the mapper in the following
way?

Mapper->SetInput(pDatasets->GetOutput());

(where pDatasets is a pointer to the class with the multiple datasets as
outputs). I.e. could I still retain the pipeline structure and loop over
the datasets to create these individual mappers? On the other hand the
number of outputs might not be available at that point (update?).

A sample code for a source object with multiple outputs and how to use it
would be of great value for me.

Thanks for any help.

-- Marc