[vtkusers] vtkTkRenderWidget.py, Enter, Leave

Miller, James V (CRD) millerjv at crd.ge.com
Tue Dec 18 09:13:04 EST 2001

vtkTkRenderWidget.py has two member functions Enter() and Leave() that manage the "focus" as the
mouse enters and leaves a widget.

This is giving me problems when I open a new window in my app.  The window appears and then is
immediately sent to the background so my TkRenderWidget is "on top".  This is rather disconcerting to
my users to have a dialog pop up and immediately move behind the application.

Is the managing of the focus necessary in vtkTkRenderWidget?  If not, I'd like to remove it.  If
people need it, then I will just subclass the widget in my application.

Jim Miller
Visualization & Computer Vision
GE Corporate Research & Development
Bldg. KW, Room C218B
P.O. Box 8, Schenectady NY 12301

millerjv at crd.ge.com < mailto:millerjv at crd.ge.com <mailto:millerjv at crd.ge.com> >
(518) 387-4005, Dial Comm: 8*833-4005,
Cell: (518) 505-7065, Fax: (518) 387-6981