[vtkusers] about package vtk

Sebastien BARRE sebastien.barre at kitware.com
Mon Dec 17 20:38:28 EST 2001

At 12/18/2001 09:18 AM, fj wrote:
>hi! vtk user the program below is TestPLYReadWrite.tcl , when I run the
>program ,tcl/tk told me can't find package vtk!!!what is package
>vtk??????? can somebody tell me the reason? where can i get the package????

package ? vtk ?? is ??? the ???? Tcl ????? command ?????? that ??????? is
???????? used ????????? to bring up the VTK API into the Tcl interpreter.

I assume you are using VTK 4.0 ?*8
The package files are already included either in your source directory
under Wrapping/Tcl or into your binary installation directory (something
like C:/Program Files/vtk4.0/Wrapping/Tcl)..

Two options:

1) Try to run your Tcl script using vtk.exe, the Tcl interpreter that is
bundled (or built) with VTK. Windows user ? Then right-click on the Tcl
script, then Open With... and select vtk.exe (in your build or binary
install dir).

2) Set your TCLLIBPATH environment path to the value of the full path to
the above mentionned Wrapping/Tcl dir. Please use forward slash / instead
of \. Quote the path if it contains spaces. Check that it does not contain
any ? or !, or series of ? or !.

In all case, feel free to execute vtk.exe, and if VTK can not find its
packages, it will give you some more instructions, as well as a link to a
README file already in your source or binary distrib.

Hope this helps :)

--
Sebastien Barre