[vtkusers] three questions

MBeaver408 at aol.com MBeaver408 at aol.com
Thu Dec 13 14:05:04 EST 2001

OK, try this.  Assuming that you are running from a Dos Command window
do the following.  I have cygwin utilities installed so I can do a which vtk
and get the path to the vtk installation.

c:\vtk
% package names
This will give you a list of packages.
Vtktkrenderwidget Vtktkimageviewerwidget Vtktkimagewindowwidget Tk ActiveTcl
Tcl

% package require vtk
4.0

% package names
counter SOAP::Utils tcltest opt xmlswitch soapinterop::base vtkio msgcat
snacksp
here Iwidgets vtkimaging vtkparallel ftp SOAP::CGI expat Tclx report comm dde
sn
ackogg dommap rpcvar Tkx nntp htmlparse SOAP::Service vtkpatented math
soapinter
op::B textutil sgml soapinterop::C csv cmdline SOAP::xpath vtkinteraction
xml::t
clparser Img vtk xpath Tktable mime Itk xml::c sgmlparser ncgi profiler
xmldefs
Tkhtml puretclparser html vtkgraphics fileutil Tk ActiveTcl xml::expat http
Vtkt
krenderwidget xml::tcl tclparser control tbcload BLT tcllib vtkrendering
vtkcomm
on vtkbase snack vtkfiltering registry Vtktkimageviewerwidget uri Tkogl sound
po
p3 xmldep xerces vtktesting Vtktkimagewindowwidget SOAP struct md5 BWidget
XMLRP
C dom::tcl dom xml log Tcl smtp Itcl sha1 base64 ftpd vtkhybrid dom::c

% source TestPLYReadWrite.tcl

I assume you have a "package require vtk" statement in the top of
this script and that you import the namespace using the following
command:  namespace import vtk::*.

Try this to see if it helps.

Mike Beaver
3d modeling labs, inc.