[vtkusers] Newbie in vtkTclUtil

Pedro García Patrón zz00f049 at etsiig.uniovi.es
Wed Dec 12 14:25:14 EST 2001

Hello everybody,

I success building the library with the class vtkTclUtil. I copy
vtkdll.dll in C:\Windows\system32 and I copy vtkdll.lib & vtkdll.exp in
C:\Program Files\vtk32\lib.

Then I've tried to build the example that Oladele Martins left in the
mailing list in 05 Dec 2000. I have included the code and the Tcl-script
in this mail again.

My problem is that I've obtained the next message from my Visual C++ 6.0
compiler:

-
Linking...
oladele.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void * __cdecl
vtkTclGetPointerFromObject(char const *,char const *,struct Tcl_Interp
*,int &)" (?vtkTclGetPointerFromObject@@YAPAXPBD0PAUTcl_Interp@@AAH at Z)
prueba.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.
prueba.exe - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s)

Does anybody knows what I'm doing wrong? Thank you in advance,

	Pedro

Pedro García Patrón
e-mail: pgpatron at telecable.es
tlfno: +34 985 16 03 83