[vtkusers] Problems running vtk3.2 with RH Linux 7.2

Stefan Woelki stefan.woelki at freenet.de
Wed Dec 12 12:05:33 EST 2001

Hi,

until today i have used vtk3.1 with RH Linux 7.1 (Intel). Except some installation problems it just works fine.
Now i installed vtk3.2 on another Intel machine with RH Linux 7.2 (gnome). It compiled without problems. But when i try to run one of the Tcl examples (Cone.tcl), the render window pops up in black and then the Xserver freezes completely so that i have to reboot the machine. It happens when the vtkTcl-interpreter tries to execute the "Initialize" command. I have configured with "--with-mesa --with-tcl --with-tkwidgets".

I have already compiled the newest Mesa libraries from mesa3d.org to replace the standard RH 7.2 Mesa libraries. Result: vtk3.2 didn't compile anymore. So again i used the standard RH 7.2 libraries with the result of freezing Xserver.

Thanks in advance for your help

Stefan