[vtkusers] RE: Hoppe's 1st phase

João Filipe de Castro Ferreira jfilipe at isr.uc.pt
Tue Dec 11 10:53:19 EST 2001

 Dear dr Ruijven,

 Thank you for your kind reply.

 Before receiving your message I had already noticed that this was the case.
I had read Hugues Hoppe's PhD thesis last year in the course of my work
(very impressive!) so I was familiar to the process, although I never
studied the mathematical background thouroughly, since my area of interest
is not Computer Graphics, but Computer and Machine Vision. Anyhow, would you
advise me as to implementing the last phases myself? Is it feasible using
what VTK has to offer? I have some ideas also concerning the Progress
implementation, which are not being addressed properly (0% progess while
reconstruction is being made, 100% progress when process ends - not very
user-friendly, wouldn't you agree? :))) ).

											Yours sincerely,
													JFC