[vtkusers] Question to 3D Slicer users/experts

Goodwin Lawlor goodwin.lawlor at ucd.ie
Tue Dec 4 19:29:10 EST 2001

You can save a segmented volume to disk from inside Slicer...  and its not
too dirty. Here's the link that explains how to do it:

http://spl.bwh.harvard.edu:8000/pages/papers/slicer/manual/slicer_manual.htm
#Saving%20Your%20Segmented%20Data

Here's the snippet:
Saving Your Segmented Data (your label map)
Go to the "Volumes" tab under editor. Select "Save" Select the name of your
label map under "volume to save" (e.g. label_ventricles, segmented_vent,
label_tumor, etc.). Choose a name for this file that will be saved in your
directory. It is often easy to simply name this the same name as the "volume
to save". Now save this to the appropriate directory.

HTH,
Goodwin

PS You could bring your customized visualization pipeline into Slicer by
writing a tcl module... just a thought