[vtkusers] Question to 3D Slicer users/experts

Lauren O'Donnell odonnell at ai.mit.edu
Tue Dec 4 12:41:07 EST 2001

Under Editor->Volumes->Save you can write out a raw volume (along with a
small MRML file accompanying it that just describes this volume, not the
entire scene).

Lauren

On Tue, 4 Dec 2001, stefano mininel wrote:

Great application! But I need it only for its segmentation capabilities,
to use later the segmented images/volumes in solution of Poisson
equation with a customized visualization pipeline.
As far as I see in Slicer I can save the segmentation results either as
a vtk file describing the isosurfaces, or as a MRML scene. Since I need
access to the segmentation results in a "volume" form that could be
loaded in another application, I'd like someone to have an answer to at
least one of these three questions:
1) Does exist a vtk-style HTML documentation for the Slicer's
MRML-related vtk classes? In this way I could maybe understand how to
load the MRML scene in my other application to use its segmentation
data.
2) Does exist in 3d Slicer a way to save segmented images in "raw"
format? (I couldn't find it, but I must admit I'm a beginner in
"Slicerization")
3) Does exist a "dirty" way to extract the segmented images from the
saved MRML scene?
Thanks in advance for any help.

    Stefano Mininel