[vtkusers] can I do this with vtk?

wan kuang wankuang at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 22 17:23:02 EDT 2001

Hi, group

I am interested in knowing if it is possible to use vtk as a geometry
fabrication libary for my finite difference/element simulation. For example,
if I draw a couple of basic geometries (like circle, sphere, box,...) using
vtk classes in either 2-D or 3-D, could I be able to get information at
uniform or rectilinear grid points (which will be used for simulation
later)? vtk has a lot of basic geometry classes and interpolation methods
that would save my time.

BTW, could vtk be compiled with KCC4.0e under linux7.1?