[vtkusers] interactor ->good render, non-interactive render->poor quality

Rainer Sabelka sabelka at iue.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Aug 22 03:05:19 EDT 2001

"James C. Moore" wrote:

> When rendering a 3-d polydata scene, if the camera is controlled with the
> interactor, the renders all look proper.  If I write a script to move the
> camera through the exact same path, the faces are not rendered properly.
> They appear to flicker as if the lighting is not being calculated properly
> and sometimes the faces appear to disappear.  One touch from the interactor
> and they re-appear, properly rendered as before.   I'm using the default
> light,camera, interactor, and only setting the opacity of the objects (set
> to 1.0 for the test).

The default setting for the interactor is to reposition also the lights as the camera moves.
You can turn this off (interactor LightFollowCameraOff) to check if this is the reason for you
problem.

Regards,
Rainer

--
 Rainer Sabelka                     | Institute for Microelectronics
 phone:  +43 1 58801-36029          | Technical University Vienna