[vtkusers] vtkScalarBarActor - how to set it's range.

Andrew J. P. Maclean a.maclean at acfr.usyd.edu.au
Tue Aug 14 21:14:25 EDT 2001

Does the scalar bar actor only have a range of 0 to 1? Whatever I do, I
can only get a range of 0 to 1. In contrast if I use vtkAxes, the
dimensions of the object are reflected correctly. Why does vtkaxes work
in the expected fashion and the Scalar Bar actor doesn't? I am using
vtkElevationFilter and then feeding the scalar range from this into the
lookup table (it always seems to range from 0 to 1). So I guess it is
something to do with the filtering at this stage. I want the scalar bar
to reflect the colours of a height map on the surface.

I looked for examples and found MultidimensionalSolution.tcl,
PropPicker.tcl and ScalarBar.tcl, however all of these render a scalar
bar with a range of 0 to 1.

Thanks
   Andrew

Andrew J. P. Maclean